At WeSplit.it, we feel your privacy is important and aim to keep it well protected. We provide this notice explaining our online information practices and by using WeSplit.it you agree to the collection and use of your personal information as described in this policy. We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time without prior notice. If we make any significant changes to this policy, we will post the revised policy on this page and also notify you via email.
Key Principles at WeSplit.it
- You will never receive any spam from us
- Your personal information will never be shared with any third-parties
- Other users can't view your bills except for the ones that involve them or are created by them, even if they are in your group
What information do we collect?
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Password (highly encrypted)
- Postcode/Zip code/Postal code
- Bill information (provider, amount, notes)
- Date of birth
- Location (city, country)
What happens to this information?
- This information is never shared with or sold to any third-parties, unless required by law. It may be necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person and violations of WeSplit.it Terms and Conditions.
- We will use your email address to communicate with you about your account and all WeSplit.it services (notifications, new features, etc)
- Your password is encrypted using the latest security technologies available even we can't tell what it is!
- We will only use your phone number to send you text-alerts as and when that facility is introduced.
Group & Misc/Optional
- This information is collected on an anonymous basis, i.e. any information collected in this category is never associated with personal identifying information. For example, we will collect information like "how much do people living in south London pay for broadband?" What we don't collect is "who are these people?" nor do we collect "how much does a particular Londoner pay for utilities?"
- Your date of birth and gender will be used similarly. For example, we will use this information like "how much do women, living in Scotland, aged between 22-29 pay for concert tickets?" We will never use it like "how much does a particular man living in Wales pay for cleaning services?"
- This information may be shared, sold or rented to third-parties primarily to provide better deals for utilities or other services that WeSplit.it is used for.
- We will never do so in a manner that could even remotely be individually identifiable
- Your location is collected specifically on a city, country level and is only used for delivering appropriate advertisements according to your region.
We will protect your information from other users.
Nobody can see a bill unless they're part of it, or have created it themselves, even if they are in any of your groups. You can only be added to a bill by someone who already knows how to get in touch with you via email, phone or in person.
Cookies and Other Technology
Notifications, Reminders and Newsletters
When you sign up, you've agreed to receive all notifications, reminders and newsletters from us. We send notifications when bills are created, modified, deleted or paid or when dues are settled. We send automated reminders for bills due the next day. We occasionally send newsletters about new features in WeSplit.it.
Your friends may request that we send you a reminder to pay or collect outstanding debts, but this is only ever initiated by them - never by us. These messages cannot be customized, and so they cannot be used for spam.
You can opt out of receiving these notifications, reminders and newsletters by visiting your Settings page on the dashboard. Just follow the Edit Settings link below your name.
WeSplit.it will have image and text advertisements displayed on various pages. We will also include image and textual advertisements in the emails that are sent from WeSplit.it
We do not deal in actual money and debts but instead in just simple information about the same. The information we store about dues between people and within groups is strictly informative, and carries with it no actual monetary backing or obligations. Moreover, WeSplit.it is a bill managing service that will remind you when your bills are due to external providers or other individuals but is never responsible for the actual payment of bills directly to them.
If you have any other questions or concerns about this Privacy Policies, please contact us at email@example.com
12th December, 2011